1) Entering 2014, which major-league team was the only one to not have a pitcher toss a no-hitter in franchise history?
2) Three pitchers during the 1990s led or co-led the A.L. in wins for a season without tossing a shutout. Name two of …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution in 2022-2023 of $50 or more, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access includes access to all websites and online content.
2) Three pitchers during the 1990s led or co-led the A.L. in wins for a season without tossing a shutout. Name two of them.
3) Of Florida, Florida State and Miami, which was the only college football team to not play in at least one of the first five BCS national championship games?
4) When was the last time an NBA Finals team won Game Seven on the road?
5) In the 2013-14 season, the Anaheim Ducks became the second team in NHL history to win 18 times in 19 games. Who was the first?
6) How old was driver A.J. Foyt when he won his last IndyCar race?
7) How many consecutive Grand Slam singles semifinals did tennis star Novak Djokovic make before losing in the Australian Open quarterfinals in 2014?
1) The San Diego Padres.
2) Detroit’s Bill Gullickson (1991), and New York’s Andy Pettitte (1996) and David Cone (1998).
3) Florida. Florida State played in the first three, and Miami the next two.
4) The Washington Bullets beat the Sonics in Seattle in 1978.
5) The 1967-68 Montreal Canadiens.
6) He was 46 when he won the Pocono 500 in 1981.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.